Purpose of the Position:
Plan and carry out daily counting of raw materials for East London plant as per cycle count plan.
Main Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Conduct daily cycle counts on JIT in accordance to ABC analysis.
- Perform line audits to ensure that the line is labelled correctly.
- Perform BOM audits.
- Verify that parts identified for a count are all booked in.
- Report any discrepancies to the material handler’s coordinator.
- Communicate with the receiving clerk regarding completeness of receipts and any documentation regarding stock movement before counting commence.
- Establish accurate cut-off points before counting.
- Ensure that counting scales are in good working order, note for calibration of scales and report any malfunctioning thereof to the Quality department.
- Check with Quality department for completeness of DMR’s for identified parts to be counted.
- Record counted quantities on cycle count work sheet and indicate in which area the stock was counted e.g. store, line etc.
- Complete all calculations before handing in the cycle count worksheet to the inventory controller.
- Perform stock take function and any other reasonable and lawful function as delegated to you by your supervisor.
Ideal Experience and Qualifications:
- Minimum Grade 12.
- Computer literate
- Knowledge of Logistics policies and procedures
- Understanding Bill of Materials
- Understand the process of scanning and material flow.
- Excellent work Ethics
- Excellent communication skills
- Teamwork approach
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to plan and organise.
Please forward all curriculum vitae to, email@example.com
Should you have not heard from a Consultant within 14 days please consider that your application was unsuccessful for the position. Please note all applications will automatically be added to our database for future positions.
Our continued success has been to build meaningful and lasting relationships with our candidates.