Job Description – Sales Manager.
- 1. Job Purpose
The Sales Manager is responsible for maintaining and strategically growing our domestic and Sub- Saharan base of distributors. This includes managing and growing sales through frequent contact with our customer’s upper management and sales, purchasing and marketing teams. Included in the role are the following:
- To plan and lead the companys new business development efforts, as well as build and develop a highly effective sales team, focussed on customer service.
- Demonstrate a strong customer service attitude, with strong analytical, account management and relationship skills.
- Build a professional, can-do, goal orientated culture amongst the sales team.
- 2. Principle Accountabilities
- To achieve sales and gross margin goals for the year.
Sales Manager Functions:
To follow standard company Procedures during the process of selling parts.
- Achieving sales and gross margins goals for the year.
- Responsible for the development and execution of an effective sales strategy.
- Monitoring trends in the sales and recommending strategies for the business to remain competitive and ensure continued growth.
- Co-ordinating and administrating sales and customer service plans, programmes and activities.
- Assist in the monitoring and resolution of all challenges relating to products, product safety, delivery, accounting and credit are resolved timeously and efficiently; including bottlenecks in the system.
- Maintain a strong customer service and relationship management culture within the business.
- Provide input regarding opportunities for the company to increase the customers’ perception of receiving greater value and service.
- Maintain adequate quality and productivity levels within the sales team and implement and maintain efficient systems and processes.
- Analyse sales and management information in order to make informed decisions.
- Oversee development, implementation and review of customer business plans to ensure quarterly and annual revenue goals are achieved.
- Responsible for administering standard and special pricing for customers.
- Administering discount structures and optional pricing programmes.
- Ensure that all contracts are properly reviewed and communicated to supporting departments and properly reflected in our financial statements and management reports.
- Responsible for ensuring that sales staff and customers have a thorough understanding of all products, features, benefits and warranties.
- Build and maintain open relationships with current and potential customers in an effort to build long term relationships and increase sales.
- Prepare and monitor sales and customer service forecasts and budgets.
- Plan and track team performance to ensure that budgets, timelines and performance goals are met.
- Ensure that sales forecasts are based on accurate information and reasonable assumptions.
- Obtain a solid understanding of company policies, sales policies and the Syspro system.
- Obtain a solid understanding of competitors, competitor’s products and their respective channels of distribution.
- Identify and report on areas of opportunity and gaps in the product line.
- Work as a team player in all aspects of total management responsibilities.
- Inform the Directors about major prospects, sales goals, budgets, forecasts and roadblocks in a timely, effective and meaningful manner.
- Promote good relationships with the sales team.
- Coach, mentor, motivate, manage, evaluate and communicate with team members about career goals, performance expectations and sales and company plans.
- Ensure you are wearing and maintaining the correct PPE required for the required position.
- To communicate current/potential quality, health and safety problems.
- To initiate, recommend or provide solutions to problems through designated channels, i.e. your Director.
- To initiate action to prevent the occurrence of any non-conformities relating to the product, process and quality system.
- Comply with all Corporate Policies and Occupational Safety and Health Rules (OSHA) and government regulations while carrying out your functions.
Other areas that will require your attention:
- Maintain good housekeeping in your department.
- Assist in the training of others when required too.
- Assist with monthly stock take.
Perform any other lawful instruction given to you.
- 3. Knowledge and Experience
Minimum educational level:
Matric, with a bachelor’s degree in sales
Minimum Training and Experience:
Minimum of 4-6 years of sales management experience in a production / manufacturing environment.
Other requirements needed:
- Willingness to work extended hours as and when required.
- Must be self –motivated and proactive.
- Must be able to manage one’s own tasks and prioritise well.
- Strong analytical skills; with the ability to provide accurate information at all times.
- Must meet all deadlines.
- Show the ability to analyse and interpret general business data; and plan and execute sales strategies.
- Strong communication (verbal and written) and negotiation skills must be evident and demonstrable.
- Be able to demonstrate an understanding of the automotive industry and related production, logistics and supply chain functions.
Please forward CV and ALL supporting documentation to, firstname.lastname@example.org. Should you not hear from Profile Personnel within 14 days please consider your application unsuccessful for the vacancy. Please note all applications will automatically be added to our database for future vacancies.
Our continued success has been to build meaningful and lasting relationships with our candidates.