- Life-cycle responsibility and autonomy for delivering high quality, value for money products/components and services, utilising robust and objective nomination and sourcing processes that represent best-in-class practices.
- Accountability for cost and budget management
- Ability to manage complex commercial and contractual relationships with a good understanding of legal contracts.
- Establish relationships and long term development plans with suppliers based upon common goals and objectives.
- Ensure supplier requirements and concerns are fully understood and ensure these are fed back during the appropriate stages to the appropriate stakeholders.
- Assist in the co-ordination and maintain elements of control within the activities of the purchasing team to ensure continued customer commitment of being the bench mark for customer satisfaction for both internal and external customers/stakeholders.
- Develop a culture of continuous improvement throughout the business. With an understanding of industry practices
- Work cross-functionally with all departments to drive quality principles and commercial acumen into every aspect of our business.
- Develop detailed and intelligent commodity/category strategies that align with the organisations commercial and technology roadmaps as well as those of our key development partners.
- Being able to understand complex and abstract concepts (legal, technical and/or commercial) and being able to present the information in an informative and simplified manner; such that key decisions can be made quickly and objectively
- Matric and relevant tertiary education
- Proven experience in an automotive buying role
- In depth experience of the SA market
- Interest and enthusiasm for the automotive sector
- Basic multi-media understanding
- Strong Knowledge of tools / systems and computer literacy skills
- Good communicator
- Ability to build strong relationships
- Enthusiasm for learning
- Ability to work to tight deadlines, with a strong attention to detail and an aptitude for problem solving and process
- Ability to juggle multiple campaigns at one time, ensuring activity is running smoothly
- Basic delegation skills
- Ability to work autonomously as well as part of a team
- Excellent numeracy skills
Please forward CV to, email@example.com. Should you not hear from Profile Personnel within 14 days please consider your application unsuccessful for the vacancy. Please note all applications will automatically be added to our database for future vacancies
Our continued success has been to build meaningful and lasting relationships with our candidates.