Senior Launch Engineer
Responsible for all non-recurring events and deliverables associated with the launch of Model Year or individual product changes. Responsible for meeting all program launch targets at the right quality and cost while meeting all scorecard items related to launch management.
- Track and co-ordinate all Plant Launch activities.(Launch includes new product introduction and engineering changes along with transfers on products that are currently in production)
- Manages the product launch and plant rearrangement from current to new platforms
- Manage resource and training requirements for pre-builds
- Adherence to Business operating systems and direction setting to the plant team
- Launch cost budget creation and management
- Drive and coordinate Launch review meetings
- Co-ordinate and ensure facility readiness and build dates are met for all sample builds
- Co-ordinate and manage all process sign-off events, power build and run at rate activities
- Support and track PPAP submissions
- Cross functional co-ordination with internal and external stakeholders eg. customer, suppliers and contractors
- Interface with CBU Program Management, internal departments to ensure timely launch
- Ensure all APQP documents are in place and completed
- Once tools are delivered to the plant the Launch Manager/Plant Manager must approve all engineering change implementation for the purpose of assuring a successful Launch, PPAP or any other customer deliverable.
Qualification / Experience:
- Engineering Degree or Diploma (NQF level 5), mechanical or industrial field
- Project and/or Programme Management experience
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in automotive industry
- Participation in 1 new Product Start-Up
Core knowledge / skills:
- Team player
- Advanced computer literacy skills, including AUTOCAD or simila
- Planning, organizing and controlling skill
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Decision making/problem solving skill
- Ability to cope with stressful situations
Please forward CV and ALL supporting documentation to, firstname.lastname@example.org. Should you not hear from Profile Personnel within 14 days please consider your application unsuccessful for the vacancy. Please note all applications will automatically be added to our database for future vacancies.
Our continued success has been to build meaningful and lasting relationships with our candidates.