JOB LISTINGS"We're all about people"
Job TitleFinancial Manager
Employment TypeFull Time
Experience5 to 10 years
Job Published29 September 2023
Job Reference No.132325266
Financial Manager required for a leading company based in Queenstown
Purpose of the Job:
The financial manager is required to carry out and manage the full financial function including reconciliations at month end, preparations of financial statements, management packs, budgeting, financial forecasting, oversee Debtors and Creditors function as well as work closely with supply chain
and inventory control processes and provide a costing analysis of the various processes.
Education and Experience required:
• BCom Accounting or Equivalent CA (SA) advantageous.
• Must have 10 Years Accounting experience.
• 5 Years Management experience.
• Computer literacy; Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel including advanced functions and
• Strategic planning.
• Business acumen.
• Management and organizational skills.
• Financial/professional knowledge and skills.
• Strong decision-making ability and the ability to meet deadlines.
Key Performance Areas:
• Preparation of financial statements.
• Reconciliations of control accounts and general ledger accounts.
• Prepare and coordinate year-end audits.
• Ensure that month end journals are captured.
• Ensure that all transactions are captured to provide correct accounts.
• Ensure that all provisions and adjustments have been made timeously and correctly.
• Issue management reports e.g., productivity report, price of raw material fluctuations, distributions cost variance.
Budgeting and Planning
• Discuss income, expenses, and cost drivers with departmental managers.
• Collate information and compile in required format.
• Ensure that expenditure is within range as % of sales.
• Ensure that GP% is within the set range.
• Calculate the impact on GP and EBITDA of changes in price or process.
Process and manage VAT and other tax functions
• Process VAT statement from Navision.
• Ensure correct allocation of capital inputs and outputs.
• Ensure correct submission of VAT201.
• Calculate the budgeted taxable income for provisional tax purposes.
• Communicate with auditors to ensure correct completion and timeous payment of provisional tax.
• Budget and plan for VAT payments on imports.
Costing of Departments and Projects
• Review B.O.M.’s to ensure correctness.
• Collect data and analyse costs
• Assist Production in calculating production costs.
• Analyse process and price variances.
• Review waste and scrap figures.
• Monitor production lines in relation to waste.
• Assist Distribution in calculating distribution costs.
Staff Management and Training
• Oversee and lead the finance team members in efficient completion of tasks.
• Set performance goals and conduct performance evaluations.
• Lead and cultivate a high-performing team by identifying opportunities for training and development initiatives, fostering professional growth and skill enhancement amongst staff members
Should you wish to apply please email your CV through to Emily Lessing email@example.com
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive a response within 14 days please consider your application unsuccessful. We will keep your CV on our database for any other relevant
roles that may arise.
Our Team of qualified and professional Recruitment Consultants will help you find your dream job. Your details and CV will be kept private and only shared with a prospective client with your approval. Our continued success has been to build meaningful and lasting relationships with our candidates.
Copyright © 2022 Profile Personnel. All Rights Reserved