JOB LISTINGS"We're all about people"
Job TitleCommercial Sales Consultant
Employment TypeFull Time
Experience5 to 10 years
Job Published28 September 2023
Job Reference No.1370880679
Commercial Sales Consultant required for a renowned company based in East London
• Sales and Marketing Diploma/Degree
• Valid Driver’s license
• Fuel Industry experience advantageous
• This role includes extensive travelling throughout the Eastern Cape/designated area with
• Achieving planned sales, profitability and cost targets to budgets.
• Responsible for Commercial Key Accounts’ rapport
• Canvassing of new Commercial Business within acceptable profitability criteria.
• Ensure that the company’s Commercial Fuels standard of health, safety and environment are
• Credit control and management to minimize the company’s exposure to financial risk.
• Position involves travelling in designated area representing Commercial in order to maximize
profit margins, follow up with clients & engage with strategic industry stakeholders.
• Weekly, monthly and ad hoc report writing.
• Competitor activities, including pricing
• New trends in Commercial space
• Potential/alternative suppliers
• Project Developments
Responsible for achieving planned sales of area, profitability and cost targets to budgets.
• Preparation of sales, Capex and Opex budgets, and develop plans to attain these targets.
• Drive awareness of Commercial Fuels in the Commercial Fuels Industry.
• Forecasting annual, quarterly and monthly sales goals
• Market Segmentation, analysis and penetration
• Coordinating all aspects of the deal execution process, including negotiations and finalization of
all project and financing agreements
• Identify new market opportunities to promote into & exploit
• Understand & convey the value offerings to the market
• Maintain a pipeline of all opportunities & tracking their progress. Convey to Management with
targets & timelines
Existing Business - Maintenance of Commercial Key accounts
• Understand the customer and its needs; including the dynamics and processes, the value chain
and business drivers, their ambitions and initiatives, and areas where Commercial can help
• Develop detailed account plans for all Key Accounts
• Assure that Key accounts service levels are maintained in line with Agreements.
• Develop collaborative relationships with Key decision makers within Key Accounts at
• Conduct regular performance reviews with Key Account Strategic staff
• Escalate issues timeously.
• Monitor all orders and work collaboratively with internal stakeholders to assure that order and
delivery service levels are maximised.
• Review Customer wet-stocks and investigate and remediate any deviations or variations daily.
• Make recommendations on Equipment replacement where required based on asset
• Assist with Customer collections in line with Insurer requirements and take remedial action as
• Act as Customers primary Problem solver
Potential Business - Canvassing of Commercial Key accounts
• Develop a Pipeline of potential customers in line with Commercial targeted Customer profiles.
• Canvass these Customers and secure Customers to procure from the company
• Propose and Negotiate Rebates, considering Equipment and Credit requirements within
designated parameters per Commercial policies.
• Ensure that Potential Customers are on-boarded per the New Customer process:
• Develop account Management plan.
• Building Collaborative relations
• Work with Internal partners to optimise all internal processes.
• Ambassador – Represent the company at social responsibility events
• To coordinate input from all role-players and compile tender documents according to specified
requirements and arrange for pricing and tender sign-off
• Conduct a comprehensive risk evaluation for the client
• Attain budgeted Sales Volume targets (Base business)
• Attain new business volume targets. (New business)
• Attain Profitability targets for new sites
• Monthly meeting to present Pipeline report and monthly report
• Ensure business proposal are clear, concise and deal with all elements: structural, legal and
• Communicate proposals clearly and effectively to potential clients.
• Ensure timely feedback to potential and existing clients.
• Negotiate in good faith and honestly with potential and existing clients.
• Manage stakeholder expectations effectively.
• Achieve 100% of the company’s New Volume targets as per business plan. An addendum will
be produced each year
Should you wish to apply please email your CV through to Emily Lessing at email@example.com
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive a response within 14 days please consider your application unsuccessful. We will keep your CV on our database for any other relevant roles that may arise.
Our Team of qualified and professional Recruitment Consultants will help you find your dream job. Your details and CV will be kept private and only shared with a prospective client with your approval. Our continued success has been to build meaningful and lasting relationships with our candidates.
Copyright © 2022 Profile Personnel. All Rights Reserved