JOB LISTINGS"We're all about people"
Job TitleCash Book Clerk
Employment TypeFull Time
Experience3 to 5 years
Job Published30 August 2023
Job Reference No.1863377608
Cash Book Clerk required for a reputable company based in Stutterheim, Eastern Cape
- Diploma in accounting/ bookkeeping preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a cash book clerk/ bookkeeping environment.
- Experience in using Sage 300 will be an advantage.
- High level of computer literacy in MS Office, specifically with Word and Excel skills at intermediate level.
- Knowledge of cash book controls, reconciliations, invoicing and payment methods.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to deal with different stakeholders and difficult situations.
- High levels of energy and resilience with ability to work under pressure.
- High level of ethical behaviour and confidentiality.
- Highly effective verbal and written communication skills with good customer service orientation.
- Self-motivated with high level of analytical ability and attention to detail, ensuring accuracy.
- Excellent planning and organising skills with ability to prioritise tasks to meet tight deadlines
- The primary focus of this position is responsibility for the cashbook function, including: Bank reconciliations, following up and clearing of reconciling items, daily cash management, foreign payments and other ad hoc payments
- Review daily bank statements
- Maintain & reconcile all cashbooks to the bank statements daily
- Maintain & reconcile credit card accounts monthly
- Capture Ad Hoc receipts and debtors’ receipts
- Allocate bank statements expenses accurately
- Load and allocate weekly ad hoc payments
- Follow ups regarding payments
- Ensure daily cash balances are acceptable - report to FM
- Load transfers to savings where required
- Update HP Schedule monthly
- Update Cell phone Spreadsheet monthly
- Request for Eskom statements and obtain authorisation for payment
- Update Eskom spreadsheets
- Request for and reconcile municipal accounts, update spreadsheet and load for payment
- Carry out weekly bank reconciliations on all bank accounts
- Tri-weekly compile cash flow reports for directors and FM
- Weekly compile cash flow reports for directors and FM
- Keep filing up to date
- Handle auditor requests for documentation and requests for explanations
- Prepare cash flow forecasts for FM
- Reconcile petty cash
- Assist with month end
- Any other tasks that may be required
Should you wish to apply please email your CV through to Kerry O’Hagan at Kerry@profilepersonnel.co.za
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive a response within 14 days please consider your application unsuccessful. We will keep your CV on our database for any other relevant roles that may arise.
Our Team of qualified and professional Recruitment Consultants will help you find your dream job. Your details and CV will be kept private and only shared with a prospective client with your approval. Our continued success has been to build meaningful and lasting relationships with our candidates.
Copyright © 2022 Profile Personnel. All Rights Reserved