JOB LISTINGS"We're all about people"
Job TitleMaintenance Technician
Employment TypeFull Time
Experience3 to 5 years
Job Published10 November 2023
Job Reference No.3373604715
Maintenance Technician required for a leading automotive company based in Kariega
Education & Experience:
- A National Nated Diploma/ National Diploma/ B Tech/B Eng./ B Sc. Degree in Electrical Engineering/ Mechatronics.
- At least 5 years in vehicle manufacturing maintenance and/or technical environment.
Skills, Attributes & Other requirements ESSENTIAL
- Siemens PLC and robot training would be a distinct advantage.
- Able to read E-Plan Electrical and Pneumatic drawings
- Have a strong analytical, diagnostic capabilities and problem solving ability.
- Prepared to undergo and successfully pass an appropriate assessment
- Willingness to work shifts, overtime, weekends, public holidays, Plant shut down, whenever necessary and/or required.
- Willingness to be on Standby roster
- Willingness to complete and pass compulsory VASS
- Have a good attendance record.
Job description & responsibilities
- Repair faulty equipment and parts i.e. welding guns, servo-pneumatic valves, transmission modules, tucker guns, sealer equipment to ensure availability of spare parts and equipment (spare part management).
- Resolve robotic electronic communication faults by adjusting the robotic program to prevent re-occurring robot communication faults and ensure uninterrupted production process.
- Analyse, fault find, repair and optimise sealer, toxing, welding, laser, bolting and rivet joining technology equipment failure to ensure achievement of quality requirements and efficient production process.
- Analyse PLC programs to resolve errors and determine root causes of Interbus or Profinet network errors, determine corrective actions to continue with the Production process and ensure uninterrupted Production run.
- Fault find, set up and program SEW drives by using the appropriate diagnostics software/tools such as Movitools, Motion Studio to ensure uninterrupted Production run.
- Modify, update and improve diagnostic software on HMI to identify the faulty equipment to facilitate speedy resolution to Production stoppages.
- Analyse and investigate severe or reoccurring Production stoppages to determine the real root cause of the stoppage and determine the appropriate preventative action and counter measure to ensure that the reoccurring of the fault are eliminated and/or prevented.
- Contact equipment suppliers and technology experts within the Group to enquire regarding solutions to complex equipment problems and failures to ensure pending or reoccurring faults are eliminated or prevented.
- Document Production stoppages, severe breakdowns, problem sheet, Knowledge Management System, TPM Sheets and PM schedules to ensure all maintenance activities are documented, distributed and knowledge is retained, made available and utilised to prevent future stoppages or breakdowns.
- Conduct root cause analysis of all breakdowns immediately after completing the breakdown, by analysing the situation, causes, countermeasures and actions, ensuring that all is recorded and reported on required control sheets and documents.
- Ensure that the robot Safety circuit is in good working order and that all the required condition that meets the safety standards is installed.
- Download robot and PLC program backups to ensure quick recovery of the facilities in the event of a loss of data.
Should you wish to apply please email your CV through to Emily Lessing at email@example.com
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive a response within 14 days please consider your application unsuccessful. We will keep your CV on our database for any other relevant roles that may arise.
Our Team of qualified and professional Recruitment Consultants will help you find your dream job. Your details and CV will be kept private and only shared with a prospective client with your approval. Our continued success has been to build meaningful and lasting relationships with our candidates.
Copyright © 2022 Profile Personnel. All Rights Reserved